Senior DFT Engineer
Pleasanton, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Alif Semiconductor is revolutionizing the way secure connected AI-enabled embedded solutions are created. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to be involved in a fast-paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
You will be responsible for DFT implementation on a next-generation SoC project.
- Define & document DFT requirements/Specifications for IP/Block and Chip level
- Execute DFT Lint to identify scan DRC violations and resolution
- Top level and hard macro block level scan insertion with high EDT compression ratio (Hybrid LBIST, EDT IP/ATPG, LPCT EDT, AC scan verification with high speed PLL, MBIST, and IJTAG)
- Plan and Insert MBIST and memory repair (BISR) at RTL
- Generate and port IJTAG ICL/PDL and STIL patterns for MBIST, ATPG, and JTAG tests
- ATPG pattern verification on pre/post-route gate-level netlist including 0-delay and SDF
- Work with backend team for the MBIST/Scan mode constraints generation, scan reorder, VCDs for IR drop analysis during DFT, ECO changes and formal verification (LEC), and timing closure
- Support test engineer for pattern generation, tester debug and failure analysis.
- Work with Test Engineering team during Silicon bring-up and creating flow/scripts necessary for debugging/diagnosing compression LPC ATPG patterns (stuck-at/at speed), MBIST patterns on ATE for development and production programs
- Expert knowledge of Mentor Tessent toolchain
- Hands-on hierarchical DFT flow experience from RTL to netlist
- Strong knowledge and experience with both JTAG (IEEE1149.1) and IJTAG (1687)
- Experience in inserting EDT, wrapper cells and OCC
- Experience in analyzing DFT DRC violations and fault coverage analysis
- Expertise in ATPG. Debug and resolve ATPG DRC and chain trace issues
- Gate level simulations and debug; both 0-delay and with SDF DFT
- Expertise in using Cadence for scan stitching and Mentor Tessent tool suite for DFT implementation
- Experience in debugging tester/ATE failures, silicon bring-up and yield and test time improvement
- Experience in Perl/TCL scripting and good verbal/written communication skills
- 7+ years of proven DFT execution experience on mixed-signal SoC with first-pass silicon success
Alif Semiconductor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.