Embedded Software Application Engineer
Pleasanton, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Alif Semiconductor is revolutionizing the way secure connected AI-enabled embedded solutions are created. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to be involved in a fast-paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for self-driven and motivated Application Engineer in Pleasanton, CA to help us promote and support the groundbreaking family of Ensemble Micro Controllers that has received a lot of industry attention.
- Design Embedded Firmware, Application Examples and a Proof-of-Concept solutions.
- Develop reference designs in cooperation with Partners and Independent Design Houses.
- Create and present training material targeting embedded applications and solutions.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing outstanding support and guidance.
- Contribute to the development of documentation such as Application Notes, Quick Start Guides and User Manuals.
- Work with the marketing team to validate product requirements and review new product introduction materials.
- Work with the Documentation team to review and update Datasheets and Technical Reference Manuals.
- Assist in business development activities.
- BSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience of developing firmware and/or software for embedded products. Experience with IoT edge devices a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in developing device drivers and application software for digital and analog peripherals.
- Proficient in developing software for embedded Linux. Experience with Real Time Operating Systems and bare metal is a big plus.
- Proficient in C and/or C++ programming with best engineering and software development practices.
- Hands-on experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and other standard lab equipment.
- Comfortable working with well-defined and ambiguous requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and proactive, can-do attitude.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience and interest in ML/AI are a big plus.
- Experience with processor startup code, BSP, board bring up and debugging is a big plus.
- Experience with power management for embedded systems is a big plus.
Alif Semiconductor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.