Scientist I - Assay Development
Alameda, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Alveo is leading the transformation of the consumer health tech market with a low-cost, easy-to-use, at-home diagnostic platform that will change the way infectious diseases are detected and managed. The company’s be.well™ testing system gives individuals access to cutting-edge molecular testing and cloud-based data analytics for rapid diagnosis and management of infectious diseases. With an initial focus on acute respiratory infections, including COVID-19, Influenza A/B, and RSV, Alveo’s agile and dynamic diagnosis platform can be adapted to detect a wide range of diseases that threaten public health. Affordable access to real-time, at-home results will transform the way individuals, healthcare providers and public health professionals identify and manage disease outbreaks. With be.well™, we will Know Sooner, Act Faster™ and make better-informed decisions toward personalized intervention options that benefit individuals and the entire population. To learn more, visit https://alveotechnologies.com/
Alveo Technologies is looking for a Development and Verification Scientist I to support ongoing V&V efforts of projects in disease detection. The successful candidate will assist in planning and executing protocols / conducting experiments at the bench to meet objectives. The candidate should be able to review, understand and follow the instructions, protocols and SOPs provided by the R&D and Manufacturing departments.
· Assist senior staff with execution of strategic initiatives for the Assay Development R&D group.
· Conduct technical experiments to develop sample-to-answer molecular diagnostics assays under strict project timelines.
· Maintain, control and propagate an exceptional quality of the documentation and analysis of results that will be submitted to regulatory agencies.
· Proactively identify and escalate product risks and issues to their manager and relevant stakeholders.
· Assist in the reagent formulation manufacturing activities as needed.
Your Background Should Include:
· A BA/BS degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Microbiology or related field with 1-3 years of IVD experience.
· Familiarity with nucleic acid sample preparation from different origins.
· Previous experience or thorough knowledge in molecular biology, including principles of nucleic acid chemistry and gene target amplification using PCR and/or isothermal amplification methods.
· Ability to work successfully across disciplines in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment.
· Proficiency in MS Excel and experience in data analysis.
· Experience working in biosafety level 2 (BSL-2) environment and willingness to work with infectious or otherwise biohazardous materials.
· Experience in developing and commercializing diagnostic products in a GLP/cGMP environment is a must.
· Previous experience in working in the IVD industry and understanding of ISO standards and QSR regulations is desirable.
· Ability to communicate effectively with scientists and engineers from a wide range of technical backgrounds and strong attention to detail are a must.
· Self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks as assigned and able to prioritize effectively.
· Feel comfortable and thrive in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Alveo Technologies
Something looks off?