Alameda, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
Alveo is leading a transformation and evolution in global pathogen detection and diagnostics with a proprietary platform that changes the way all manner of pathogens and infectious diseases are detected and managed. The company’s globally patented pathogen identification and diagnostic platform uses cutting-edge molecular testing and cloud-based data analytics for rapid identification and diagnosis of a broad range of pathogens in people, animals, crops and environmental systems. Alveo’s agile and dynamic diagnostic platform can be adapted to detect a wide range of fungal, bacterial and viral pathogens that threaten people, animals, food supplies, and water which impact public health. Access to highly accurate, real-time, geo-located pathogen identification at the Point-of-Need (PoN) is transforming the way the world identifies, communicates, and addresses everything from livestock health and global pandemics, to crop yields and water quality. Alveo empowers the world to Know Sooner, Act Faster™. To learn more visit https://alveotechnologies.com/
Alveo Technologies is looking for a Development and Verification Scientist I to support ongoing V&V efforts of projects in disease detection. The successful candidate will assist in planning and executing protocols / conducting experiments at the bench to meet objectives. The candidate should be able to review, understand and follow the instructions, protocols and SOPs provided by the R&D and Manufacturing departments.
· Assist senior staff with execution of strategic initiatives for the Assay Development R&D group.
· Conduct technical experiments to develop sample-to-answer molecular diagnostics assays under strict project timelines.
· Maintain, control and propagate an exceptional quality of the documentation and analysis of results that will be submitted to regulatory agencies.
· Proactively identify and escalate product risks and issues to their manager and relevant stakeholders.
· Assist in the reagent formulation manufacturing activities as needed.
Your Background Should Include:
· The successful candidate should have a BA/BS degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Microbiology or related field with 1-3 years of IVD experience.
· Familiarity with nucleic acid sample preparation from different origins.
· Previous experience in molecular biology, including principles of nucleic acid chemistry and gene target amplification using PCR and/or isothermal amplification methods.
· Ability to work successfully across disciplines in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment.
· Proficiency in MS Excel and experience in data analysis.
Salary range for this position is $61,482 - $75,000 per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Alveo Technologies. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.