EWIS Principal Engineer
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is transforming air travel with Overture, the world’s fastest airliner — optimized for speed, safety, and sustainability. Serving both civil and government markets, Overture will fly at twice the speed of today’s airliners and is designed to run on 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
Boom is seeking a Principal EWIS Engineer to join our Electrical Wiring Interconnect Systems (EWIS) team to support the development of the company’s selected EWIS design tool suite, in support of the Overture aircraft and Symphony propulsion system development. You must deeply enjoy working side-by-side with your users (many engineering disciplines tied to aerospace) and suppliers.
- Establish requirements, functional roadmap, and schedule for the development and implementation of Boom’s selected EWIS design tool solution.
- Work with the software supplier to establish priorities and track progress.
- Coordinate with Boom’s PLM and Vehicle Integration teams.
- Create and document processes and procedures relevant to the design tool.
- Evaluate and test updates provided by the software supplier and Boom’s PLM team.
- Propose and guide development of tool customizations and automations.
- Develop and document design tool processes and procedures.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in engineering with 15 or more years of experience in aerospace or an equivalent combination of technical education and aerospace experience
- Substantial professional experience in the development and certification of EWIS for large transport category aircraft (14 CFR, Part 25)
- Full understanding of the requirements for FAA electrical technical data package/Type Design Data definition for model based design.
- Experience integrating with or customizing Dassault aerospace software environments, such as 3DXExperience, CATIA, ENOVIA, or ENOVIA SmarTeam/CATIA V5
- Establish format and content of custom data reports (design rule checks, electronic checklists, compliance reports, and bills of materials).
- History of successful implementation of new design tools in an aircraft OEM environment
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Collaboration with others (e.g., customers, product owners, testing team) on software projects.
- Experience in setting requirements, schedule, and tracking performance milestones for software suppliers
- Experience in creating procedures for regression testing of software updates and subsequent execution of tests.
- Technical curiosity and willingness to explore beyond your previous experience.
Preferred Education, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with EKL, Java, MQL, and TCL scripting languages
The Base Salary Range for this position is $156,000 - $214,000 per year. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, a flexible PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.