Lead QA Engineer
Exostellar, Inc. is searching for Senior QA Engineers who will play a critical role in building out our next-generation cloud-native resource optimization platform, working on technology that brings on-premise control back to cloud users. Our company has offices in Ithaca, NY, and Santa Clara, CA, and we also offer remote positions across the United States.
Exotanium, a startup founded by two professors and one Ph.D. graduate from the Department of Computer Science at Cornell University, is a cloud resource optimization and management platform that uses virtualization technology and Machine Learning (ML) to help enterprises reduce spending in the cloud by up to 90%, while enhancing both operational security and performance.
Our team is passionate about maintaining our culture of diversity, and we especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and believe that this creates the best possible working environment for all and maximizes innovation.
- Design and implement automated test frameworks for Golang and C applications - these frameworks will cover the entirety of the stack, from low-level virtualization to user interface testing in a distributed environment.
- Maintain and contribute to our software's test suites to extend coverage at all levels including, component integration tests, system integration tests, performance tests, regression tests, and acceptance tests.
- Design and implement tools to build, maintain and operate test automation frameworks with the goal to simplify test development, performance testing, fast feedback, etc.
- Build test infrastructure to fit into and extend our existing CI/CD process (GitHub Actions)
- Work closely with other developers to ensure proper test planning and execution is incorporated as early as possible in our release cycles
- Experience identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of issues
- Identify, share, and nurture the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability in collaboration with the wider development team
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Understand existing code flow and its integration with various components and interfaces
- Bachelor or more advanced degree in Computer Science or related programs.
- 5+ years software engineering experience, preferably using Python, Go and/or C/C++
- Extensive experience in test framework/suite design and test automation development, covering both frontend and backend in cloud environments
- Hands-on experience with Docker is a must. Experience with DevOps, CI/CD automation, and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience designing and developing tools and tests for complex customer use cases
- Experience with cloud computing services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.)
- Detail-oriented and dedicated to elegant and high quality software
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to explain complex technical topics to both internal and external stakeholders with ease and in remote/distributed environments
- Comfortable working remotely if not working from our offices in Ithaca, NY, or Santa Clara, CA.
Compensation: Competitive salary Depends on Experience (DOE), Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K with match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Long Term and Short Term Disabilities, Life Insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.