Senior Software Engineer - Kubernetes
Exostellar, Inc. is searching for Senior Software Engineers for Kubernetes who will play a critical role in building out our next-generation cloud-native resource optimization platform, working on technology that brings on-premise control back to cloud users. Our company has offices in Ithaca, NY, and Santa Clara, CA, and we also offer remote positions across the United States.
Exotanium, a startup founded by two professors and one Ph.D. graduate from the Department of Computer Science at Cornell University, is a cloud resource optimization and management platform that uses virtualization technology and Machine Learning (ML) to help enterprises reduce spending in the cloud by up to 90%, while enhancing both operational security and performance.
Our team is passionate about maintaining our culture of diversity, and we especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and believe that this creates the best possible working environment for all and maximizes innovation.
- Build integrations between our software and Kubernetes on multiple cloud-based services (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) to automate cloud resource management
- Develop and optimize Kubernetes plugins for cluster auto scaling, and drivers for network (CNI), storage (CSI), and container runtime (CRI)
- Design and implement algorithms that optimize cloud resource utilization for Kubernetes users
- Create user interfaces on the command line and via dashboards to give insight into and help manage our product
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for Kubernetes components in our stack
- Bachelor or more advanced degree in Computer Science or related programs.
- 3+ years working with Kubernetes or similar container orchestration platforms on the infrastructure layer (plugins, drivers, and runtime optimizations)
- Significant experience developing, testing and troubleshooting code with the Go programming language
- Extensive Experience with and deep understanding of cloud computing services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.)
- Experience developing RESTful APIs, building and deploying microservices, and integrating software with internal and external services.
- Experience building and working with complex CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with git for source control
- UI/UX experience is a plus
- Comfortable working remotely if not working from our offices in Ithaca, NY, or Santa Clara, CA.
Compensation: Competitive salary Depends on Experience (DOE), Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K with match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Long Term and Short Term Disabilities, Life Insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.