Senior Software Engineer - Xen Virtualization Platform
Exostellar, Inc.. is searching for a Senior Xen Platform Software Engineer to develop the Exostellar cloud resource optimization products. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Xen hypervisor technologies along with proven experience in startup environments and team growth.
Exostellar is building a cloud resource optimization and management platform that uses virtualization technology and Machine Learning (ML) to help enterprises reduce spending in the cloud by up to 90%, while enhancing both operational security and performance. Our company has offices in Ithaca, NY, and Santa Clara, CA, and we also offer remote positions across the United States and Canada.
Our team is passionate about maintaining our culture of diversity, and we especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and believe that this creates the best possible working environment for all and maximizes innovation.
- Design, develop and maintain the Xen Hypervisor software features, including its core components and associated tools. Collaborate with a team of engineers to enhance and extend the capabilities of the Xen Hypervisor.
- Implement new features, improvements and bug fixes on Xen platform based on the project requirements.
- Analyze the performance bottlenecks, identify areas for improvements. Optimize the Xen hypervisor to deliver the high performance and low latency virtualization solutions.
- Ensure the seamless integration and compatibility of Xen Hypervisor with other software components.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation related to Xen Hypervisor, including design specification, user guide and troubleshooting procedures.
- Assist in troubleshooting complex issues related to the Xen Hypervisor, collaborate with customer support team to diagnose and resolve the Xen Hypervisor related problems reported by the customer.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in virtualization technologies for the Xen Hypervisor
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related fields. Relevant certifications in virtualization technology is a plus.
- 8+ years experience in the design and development of hypervisors such as Xen, KVM, VMware or other hypervisors.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, assembly and Python.
- In-depth knowledge of Xen hypervisor architecture, concepts and internals, including memory management, paravirtualization and hardware assisted virtualization, x86/x86_64 architecture and resource scheduling.
- Proficiency in debugging and troubleshooting of complex systems, performance optimization and Linux kernel development. Experience with performance profiling and optimization techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze the complex issues, identify the root causes, and propose effective solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in a team environment.
Compensation: Competitive salary Depends on Experience (DOE), Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K with match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Long Term and Short Term Disabilities, Life Insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.