Principal ASIC Design Engineer @ Autonomous Driving Technology Leader
Recogni’s mission is to design a vision-oriented artificial intelligence system for autonomous vehicles from the ground up. The system will deliver unprecedented inference performance through novel edge processing, allowing vehicles to see farther and make driving decisions faster than humans while consuming minimal amounts of energy. We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Recogni’s enormous potential.
Backed by Celesta Capital, Continental, Robert Bosch, GreatPoint Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, BMW i Ventures, The Mayfield Fund, and other leading VC partners, the company is headquartered in San Jose, California with additional operations in Munich, Germany. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Your responsibilities will be wide-ranging and run the gamut of microarchitecture design and documentation, Verilog RTL implementation, selecting and integration 3rd-party IP blocks, working closely with design verification engineers, running frontend synthesis and working with a backend team on place-and-route guidance and timing closure.
- Author micro-architecture specifications and participate in specification and test plan reviews.
- Architect and implement complex RTL designs.
- Scope third party IP requirements and solicit vendors.
- Integrate CPU and other relevant IPs into the CPU sub-system.
- Collaborate with the physical design team to resolve implementation and timing issues and to optimize power.
- Analyze code coverage and provide feedback to the verification team to achieve coverage closure.
- Perform diagnostic and post-silicon validation tests, as well as assist with software bring-up in the lab.
- 10+ years of ASIC design experience with a demonstrable track record of RTL logic design in multi-million gate ASICs with Verilog or System Verilog.
- Experience in IP integration, specifically CPU IP into SoC.
- Knowledge of ARM/RISC-V/MIPS Architectures, Memory hierarchy, Cache coherency, Virtual memory, Multicore CPU operation
- Familiarity with AMBA/APB/AXI Protocol
- Familiarity with processor peripheral interfaces like SPI, eMMC, *MII, GPIO, I2C ....
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of the ASIC development process with proficiency in front-end tools and methodologies.
- Familiarity with low power design. UPF flow for defining power intent of chips with multiple power domains
- Previous experience with timing closure at high frequencies is a plus.
- Interest to explore AI architectures for convolution, transformer and other kinds of workloads
- Self-starter and highly-motivated to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- B.S. (M.S. preferred) degree in Electrical or Computer engineering.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policy
- Put people first. We only succeed when our people succeed.
- Ethics and integrity always; Being open, honest, and respectful of everyone.
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have audacious goals.
- Aim for excellence. Quality and excellence count in everything we do.
- Own it and get it done. Results matter!
- Make Each Person Better together than they would be as an individual.
- Embrace each others’ differences.
- Embrace that there will be differences.
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.
Something looks off?