Title: Technical Writer
Location: Greater San Jose, CA Ann Arbor, MI
Travel Required: 0%
Recogni’s mission is to design a vision-oriented artificial intelligence system for autonomous vehicles from the ground up. The system will deliver unprecedented inference performance through novel edge processing, allowing vehicles to see farther and make driving decisions faster than humans while consuming minimal amounts of energy. We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized.
Backed by Celesta Capital, Continental, Robert Bosch, GreatPoint Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, BMW i Ventures, The Mayfield Fund, and other leading VC partners, the company is headquartered in San Jose, California with additional operations in Munich, Germany. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow - whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Come work alongside some of the most innovative minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technology Writer who has experience in the automotive space and is passionate about EV technology and the EV landscape. As a key part of the team, you’ll work closely with Recogni Executive Leadership, Engineering, and Marketing to infuse all technical/engineering data sheets, customer facing manuals with the technological intent, mission and essence of Recogni.
The ideal candidate is an independent and curious self-starter with a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality technical content, drive complex documentation projects, collaborate with technologists, quickly grasp new technical concepts with enthusiasm. A strong understanding and knowledge of semiconductor technology, combined with a background in automotive technology is essential for success in this role.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Document product platforms as they are being developed
- Research material and conduct internal interviews to craft and edit long-form marketing content including blog posts, FAQs, etc.
- Research technical information and while working closely with engineering resources dispersed globally.
- Create clear, compelling content that explains advanced ideas and technology in ways that both speak to a technical audience and are accessible to a non-technical audience.
- Write and edit programming guides and application programming interface (API) references for software developers. May test software for accuracy and usability.
- Partner closely with hardware / software engineers and development team to research, scope, and run documentation projects.
- Interview engineers and other subject matter experts to understand and document complex technologies and systems and the intent/benefit behind each.
- Write with clarity, creativity and precision, understanding the target audience and the communication objectives of each piece.
- Review content to ensure alignment with brand voice and tone, and adherence to Recogni guidelines.
- Manage the process of approval, editing, and delivery of external facing communications (“air traffic control”).
- Stay up to date on the latest advancements in semiconductors, ADAS, automotive, and autonomous driving technology.
- Juggle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while adjusting to changes in assignments, direction, etc.
- May also work with and prepare illustrations, photographs, diagrams, and charts, and assist in graphic layouts.
- Projects may involve preparing individual sections of complex manuals or other technical documents, or prioritizing the complete production of user reference materials.
- 5+ years of automotive writing and journalism experience
- BA/BS in Technical Communications, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Understanding of Engineering concepts – Engineering background desired
- Understanding of Semiconductors, Deep Learning, neural networks, software frameworks for machine intelligence and system virtualization. You should have some computer programming experience and/or experience documenting APIs in the code using tools.
- Exposure to Git, Version Control System or similar platforms.
- Extensive experience with the Chicago Manual of Style and Associated Press Stylebook; working knowledge of AMA Manual of Style
- Proven and tangible semiconductor/ automotive writing/editing portfolio
- Strong communication and presentation skills – verbal and written
- A team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Direct experience documenting complex ADAS / Automotive / semiconductor -based services and platforms.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the location and is the range Recogni reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Recogni offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, flexible PTO, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Recogni’s equity program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Recogni maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.
Something looks off?