Technical Program Manager
Recogni’s mission is to design a vision-oriented artificial intelligence system for autonomous vehicles from the ground up. The system will deliver unprecedented inference performance through novel edge processing, allowing vehicles to see farther and make driving decisions faster than humans while consuming minimal amounts of energy. We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Recogni’s enormous potential.Backed by Celesta Capital, Continental, Robert Bosch, GreatPoint Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, BMW i Ventures, The Mayfield Fund, and other leading VC partners, the company is headquartered in San Jose, California with additional operations in Munich, Germany. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role:
As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a critical role driving development, organization and alignment across multiple technical teams and functions to ensure timely successful execution of key corporate programs. You must be able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, paving the way for innovation, and handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives, and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet project goals.
What You'll Do:
- Frame and scope the problem statement, build requirements, enable resourcing, work with cross-functional stakeholders (including leadership), identify dependencies, reduce risks and drive the initiative progress on a weekly basis
- Contribute ideas to product development initiatives.
- Plan and manage product development stages.
- Drive technical development using agile methodology
- Plan and track engineering effort for the technical domain
- Identify cross-team dependencies to incorporate them into the program planning process.
- Collaborate with engineers and software architects.
- Report product development progress to senior managers.
- Ensure that technical team deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Drive technical issue resolutions and change management
- Evaluating technical team performance metrics and facilitate adjustments.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years demonstrated track record in managing a high functioning team, coaching developing and elevating team skillsets
- Strong communicator, interpersonal and leadership skills to work with both engineering and other non-technical stakeholders. Analytical, detail oriented.
- Experience managing successful end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects.
- Strong technical skills
- Experience in actual design and development of hardware/software projects is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience directly managing a small team.
- Experience in areas such as release management, resource capacity planning, effort estimation, agile methodology and scrum.
- Proficient in Jira, GitHub, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project tools
Reasons to consider joining Recogni:
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Competitive benefits package including 401k, Medical+Dental+Vision+Life insurance, and Short+Long Term Disability coverage
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policy
Recogni's culture was built on the following values that are equally important to us as business:
- Put people first. We only succeed when our people succeed.
- Ethics and integrity always; Being open, honest, and respectful of everyone.
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have audacious goals.
- Aim for excellence. Quality and excellence count in everything we do.
- Own it and get it done. Results matter!
- Make Each Person Better together than they would be as an individual.
- Embrace each others’ differences.
- Embrace that there will be differences.