Senior Software Engineer, ML Platform
The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
SambaNova is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, ML Platform, to join the SambaStudio team. SambaStudio is a rich platform that enables AI developers to train, deploy, and manage state-of-the-art machine learning models (like GPT) through a rich UI, API, and SDK.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with machine learning scientists, research engineers, hardware accelerator engineers, software engineers, and product managers to operationalize the delivery of foundational models
- Standardize model building and usage process by defining right interfaces and building services to manage ML model lifecycle
- Build and maintain pipelines for model building, tuning, validation, packaging and delivery
- Build pipelines for data collection, cleansing, processing, feature extraction, etc.
- Contribute to the testing, validation, and monitoring of models in production
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field of machine learning and identify opportunities to incorporate new techniques and technologies into our solutions
- Stay up-to-date with the latest open-source large language models
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Basic familiarity with machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras)
- This role is on-site/hybrid and requires working in Palo Alto at least three days a week.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Strong programming skills in Python, OOP concepts, and experience contributing to production-grade large codebases
- Familiarity with software engineering principles and best practices
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of tuning and delivering LLMs like GPT, LaMDA, BERT, etc.
- Experience with containerization of ML models and deployment of ML models as APIs
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- A team player who demonstrates humility
- Action-oriented with a focus on speed & results
- Ability to thrive in a no-boundaries culture & make an impact on innovation
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $170,000.00/year up to $210,000.00/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance and 80% premium coverage for dependents, and we offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy