The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
Working at SambaNova
SambaNova’s mission is to be the number 1 platform for business AI. We are a full-stack provider of AI-specific chips, software, and models that come together to help every organization accelerate their AI journey.
This role presents a unique opportunity to engage with partners and shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations.
SambaNova is hiring a Director, Partner Sales to manage global and strategic technology partners to accelerate the sales and adoption of SambaNova’s full stack AI system.
Responsibilities will include analyzing the ecosystem, identifying high potential partners, developing and driving relationships with those partner organizations, and converting those into multiple sales opportunities for SambaNova.
The strongest candidates will have experience developing and managing partner relationships at the CxO level and the hands-on ability to drive all levels of that relationship, from customer engagement to sales enablement to joint solution development. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, as well as build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires strong technical acumen and familiarity with both systems and software ecosystems. Background in enterprise software, AI/ML and GTM for enterprise SaaS applications is highly desired.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Working across the SambaNova Partner, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering organizations to develop and execute a partner engagement strategy covering GSIs, SIs, ISVs, and other strategic partners
- Identifying and engaging the most strategic partners at the CxO level
- Driving partner sales revenue against agreed goals through regular pipeline, opportunity registration and business reviews with partners
- Engaging and enabling each partner’s field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for SambaNova
- Establishing SambaNova as the partner’s preferred AI computing platform
- Managing complex contract negotiations involving legal, marketing and business terms
- Serving as a leader and helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy with the partner globally
- 10+ years of partner sales, and/or business development experience in the technology industry
- Key technology sales leader, trusted advisor, and influencer in shaping partner/customer decisions to buy and adopt SambaNova solutions.
- Leverage existing relationships to accelerate SambaNova’s engagement with target partners/customers.
- Experience engaging and influencing C-level executives, both business and technical
- Direct sales experience, international field experience, and experience working with the Global 2000 to develop and close high-profile deals
- Experience presenting and articulating complex business and technical concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Experience working with Systems Integrators (SIs) and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to drive strong customer outcomes and new sales growth
- Experience with complex bid and proposal processes
- Be a vocal advocate for partner’s needs and top use cases within the larger SambaNova go to market team.
- Lead presentations and solution demonstrations to partners, customers, media, and analysts to explain and prove to our largest partners/ customers the capabilities of SambaNova’s solutions, and how we can make their organizations more successful.
- Inform and influence our go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to marketing and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers.
- Act as a leader in a fast-paced, fast-growing team at the heart of the AI-led technology transformation.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong cross-functional collaboration
- Global/ international experience
- Understanding of SambaNova’s product suite
- Trusted AI/ML ecosystem relationships and a proven track record of developing new executive relationships
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- A team player who demonstrates humility
- Action-oriented with a focus on speed and results
- Ability to thrive in a no-boundaries culture and make an impact on innovation
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $175,000.00/year up to $190,000.00/year. This role also includes a variable component based on direct sales. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents, and we offer a Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy