PhD/Senior Machine Learning Engineer
The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
The ML team is responsible for driving innovation in models and algorithms that run on the SambaNova platform. This scope encompasses cutting edge applied research as well as productizing, deploying, and designing deep learning applications.
You will be responsible for:
- Enabling deep learning models in computer vision and natural language processing on SambaNova hardware.
- Staying in touch with state of the art research and providing feedback on technical decisions within the team.
- Maintaining quality software and working on a project end-to-end. You will be expected to run deep learning experiments as well as productize your code for customer deployment.
- PhD degree in engineering or science fields
- 2-4 years of hands-on engineering experience in machine learning
- Experience in Python and/or C++
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe2, or Theano
- Familiarity with working in a SW engineering team, and using productivity tools such as Git and Docker
- Experience debugging neural network behavior in a research environment. Demonstrating good experimental hygiene and analysis
- Clear communicating your work to subject matter experts, as well as communicating to members outside of the team
Additional Required Qualifications
- A deep theoretical or empirical understanding of deep learning
- Experience building and deploying machine learning models
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- A team player who demonstrates humility
- Action-oriented with a focus on speed & results
- Ability to thrive in a no-boundaries culture & make an impact on innovation
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $140,000/year up to $165,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy