Senior Principal Engineer, Runtime
The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
Working at SambaNova
The Runtime team at SambaNova is a seasoned engineering team with a proven track record of delivering cutting-edge system software solutions for AI and machine learning applications in the enterprise & commercial landscape.
We handle all phases of software infrastructure to enable the higher level apps, including:
- OS interface/integration
- Data model manipulation for scaling
- Networking/communication intra and inter node
- Orchestration of partitioned workloads
- Error monitoring and general care and feeding of the hardware
We build a high performance, distributed and scalable software execution environment for SambaNova DataScale & SambaSuite platform(s) to support data-flow applications e.g. ML training and inference, data processing operations like ETL, and HPC applications.
We are searching for an experienced software engineer who will work on all parts of the runtime stacks for AI, ML, and scientific applications in high-performance distributed systems. You will participate in building, testing and deploying next-generation high-performance compute systems for AI applications at scale. We expect the candidate to have a strong background in programming, building and testing software in distributed systems, performance tuning of large scale systems, and good teamwork and planning skills.
- Work on design and implementation of new and enhanced features of the runtime stack to support high performance and scalable ML training applications
- Work on design and implementation of new and enhanced features of the runtime stack to support low-latency ML inference applications
- Work on system software support for the next generation RDU system
- Provide tools and performance profilers for customers to configure and use the Datascale system
- Work on various virtualization technologies to provide isolation and ease of use to enterprise environments
- Collaborate with other software teams like ML, Compiler, DevOps
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent and with 5-10 years of industry experience
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python
- Experience with operating system, kernel space driver, and user space library
- Experience with different types of fabrics, such as PCIe, Infiniband, and RoCE
- Experience with fast networking stacks, such as RDMA
- Experience with software bringup for hardware accelerator
- Good communication skills and enthusiasm to help colleagues
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $165,000/year up to $210,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy