Solutions Engineer, Pre-Sales
The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models, which can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
Working at SambaNova
SambaNova’s mission is to be the number 1 platform for business AI. We are a full-stack provider of AI-specific chips, software, and models that come together to help every organization accelerate their AI journey.
This role presents a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations. As customers evaluate and implement AI solutions, this individual contributor will provide technical leadership and guidance about SambaNova Systems products. This is a high-visibility position where the individual contributor will be a solutions engineer that works with our most strategic accounts in the region. This role allows for both external and internal collaboration across sales, development, and product to ensure a smooth prospect evaluation and buying experience.
SambaNova is hiring a Solutions Engineer (a.k.a. Sales Engineer or Customer Engineer) who will be responsible for the success of specific prospects as they discover and evaluate solutions with SambaNova Systems. You will work with sales and prospect stakeholders to make sure everything involving their technical evaluation and buying experience goes smoothly.
The ideal candidate will have extensive, hands-on experience in solution architecture, prototype development, and managing technical customer relationships in enterprise, cloud systems, or software, paired with strong relationship and collaborative skills to engage with others and achieve trusted advisor status.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining technical relationships with prospective clients
- Technical discovery, qualification, and impact quantification. Aid prospective clients in understanding the benefits and path to adoption of SambaNova Systems
- Managing and executing prototype/PoC development and driving prospective clients to a “technical win”
- White space analysis and solution design with prospective clients about how AI can solve their unique business challenges or enhance their business insight
- Represent SambaNova at trade shows and industry events
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Data Engineering, or related fields or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of customer-facing experience. Strong preference for AI/ML focused
- Ability to travel up to 50% nationally and internationally
- Willingness to support a global business, requiring flexibility in working hours
Additional Required Qualifications
- Experience with AI/ML model development, porting, and optimization
- Experience with AI/ML model performance analysis, development of PoCs/evaluations of models
- Basic Linux system administration and maintenance
- Familiarity with server system deployment concerns/requirements in data centers
- Experience with API-driven integration and solution design
- A take-charge attitude with a desire to own the success of the prospect’s technical buying experience and willingness to partner with sales staff in message crafting and delivery
- Experience in a consultative or technical sales environment
- A team player who demonstrates humility and a desire to collaborate with teammates around the world to design better customer solutions and experiences
- A current or lapsed Solution Architect or Enterprise Architect certification from any provider
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or other MLOps platforms/capabilities
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- A team player who demonstrates humility
- Action-oriented with a focus on speed & results
- Ability to thrive in a no-boundaries culture & make an impact on innovation
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.