Engineering Manager, RunTime
The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full-stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models that can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
We are looking for a world-class engineering leader to manage a team of talented Systems Engineers, creating the operational layers of the SambaNova software stack. One must thrive in a fast-paced environment, and show proven success in working closely with cross-functional teams. We build everything from device drivers to kernel code to the logic which does the scheduling, resource management, communications management, and everything else to support the user-facing parts of the stack.
- Lead and manage a high-performing team of engineers in a fast-paced environment, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and support to drive their professional growth and development.
- Work with the other hardware and software teams, product management, and senior leadership, to ensure that feature asks are well understood and documented.
- Work with the system infrastructure team to ensure that features and bug fixes are delivered on time, and meet specifications.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, providing clear communication of technical concepts and findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA or Masters in Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years working with high performance systems, including OS internals, communications, high reliability, and distributed systems..
- 2+ years proven success in leading and managing a team of 5 or more software engineers, driving their professional growth and delivering impactful projects.
- Demonstrated expertise with modern SDLC tools, e.g. Github and Jira.
- Working knowledge of Python, C/C++.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a fast-paced context.
- Ability to make reasonable choices about prioritization, to best serve customers and the business.
- Experience with hardware/software integrations
- Experience and familiarity with production operational environments, including deployment, monitoring, fault detection and debugging.
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $195,000.00/year up to $220,000.00/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems, you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our university job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.