Principal Engineer, Computer Vision & MultiModal Team
The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full-stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models that can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
Working at SambaNova Systems
This role presents a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations, including innovating from strategic product pathfinding to large-scale production. We are excited to have talents on board, pushing towards democratizing the modern Computer Vision and Multimodal capability in real-world use cases.
- Work closely with the product team and our customers to translate product requirements into requisite Computer Vision capabilities.
- Collaborate with product management and executive teams to develop a roadmap for foundation vision models and multimodal solutions.
- Work closely with the SambaNova NLP team to expand LLM capabilities to take advantage of image and video modalities.
- Develop applications on top of Vision models to serve as customer references, including but not limited to zero-shot classification, similarity search, etc.
- Work closely with the SambaNova Compiler team to co-design ML models that take advantage of SambaNova’s unique data flow hardware accelerator
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering or science fields
- 5-10 years of hands-on engineering experience in machine learning. Including the management of ML experimentation and production deployment of ML solutions.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe2, or Theano
- A deep theoretical or empirical understanding of deep learning
- Experience building and deploying machine learning models
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience in leading small teams.
- Experience acting as the point of contact for product teams
- Experience in Python and/or C++.
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- A team player who demonstrates humility
- Action-oriented with a focus on speed & results
- Ability to thrive in a no-boundaries culture & make an impact on innovation
Annual Salary Range and Level:
The base salary for this position ranges from $170,000/year up to $200,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems, you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our university job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.