Senior Principal Program Manager, NPI Operations
The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full-stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models that can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
Working at SambaNova
We are seeking a highly capable and dynamic New Product Introduction Operations Program Manager (NPI - OPM) to lead our team in successfully launching hardware products on schedule, with superior product quality to scale at mass production.
As an integral part of our fast-paced development and launch process, the NPI - OPM will play a pivotal role in facilitating actions and driving excellence in program/project management. The ideal candidate thrives in ambiguity, possesses exceptional organizational skills, and is relentlessly detail-oriented. They are a skilled communicator at all levels, and their ability to resolve conflicts and motivate teams will be key to their success.
In the role of NPI - OPM, you will be the essential link between the core hardware development team, manufacturing engineering, supply chain, and operations functional units internally at SambaNova while driving the contract manufacturer to support the hardware production schedule. The overarching mission is to ensure a successful product build at JDM/ODM, meeting all schedule, availability, and quality goals.
As the NPI-OPM, you will be:
- leading our Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) operations team, planning and executing development builds and new product ramps.
- collaborating closely with internal and external teams in the US and Asia to effectively managing schedules, capacity, material availability, quality issues, and product updates.
- working with cross-functional teams (engineering, supply chain, production, logistics, and manufacturing engineering groups) to define and lead the detailed development and implementation plan for new products, providing operations input and guidance.
- defining objectives and metrics for each build with clear exit criteria for each phase to meet schedule, cost, quality, and capacity targets
- helping to drive supply chain, manufacturing, and quality process development, ensuring deliverables are being completed on time for a successful project completion
- tracking progress, communicating, holding the team accountable, and escalating issues as appropriate throughout the build cycle
- collaborating with cross-functional managers and individual contributors to run program review meetings, providing succinct status updates, soliciting critical input, and communicating risks
- managing the following:
- Operations inputs to master schedule (material, tooling, and equipment lead times; production ramp forecast)
- Communication of key operations deliverables (NUDD, MIL, make vs. buy, supplier selection, unit COGS, Capex and NRE budget, validation activities)
- Build readiness and execution from prototype through production ramp (BOM locked, clear to build, line readiness, test readiness, daily input & output, issue escalation)
- instrumental in ensuring component readiness, guaranteeing part availability, quality, and cost-effectiveness. By effectively communicating requirements and schedules, you will facilitate technical readiness with supply chain teams, thus enhancing product manufacturability, testability, and supply chain responsiveness while ensuring cost-efficiency and maintaining high-quality standards.
- the primary point of contact for all communications within the organization, conveying key issues and presenting resolution options to executive teams.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/operations or engineering-related environment
- Demonstrated experience working with engineering teams and managing OEM communication
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated clear and consistent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to confidently present to management.
- Proven track record of being results- and action-oriented, driving projects to successful completion.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with an innate ability to lead several work streams effectively.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail while managing complex projects.
- Willingness and ability to travel if needed
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $174,000/year up to $200,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Benefits Summary for US-Based Full-Time Direct Employment Positions
(The Recruiter will provide benefit details for non-US-based roles)
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 77% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits available to you and your dependents includes a full subscription to Headspace, Gympass+ membership with access to physical gyms, One Medical membership, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems, you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our university job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.