Principal Engineer, Front End
The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full-stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models that can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
Working at SambaNova
This role presents a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations. It is a high-visibility position that will shape the future of the AI platform by delivering best-in-class software solutions within SambaStudio and Previews.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
SambaNova Previews showcases the opportunity to experience how SambaNova enables outcomes for customers' business, by building state of the art web applications using generative AI.
- Build responsive user interface modules with rich features from design mock-ups.
- Propose, design, and build systems based on ReactJS, TypeScript, FastAPI, and other platform services.
- Depending on the requirements, be able to work as a full stack engineer.
- Contribute to and improve existing systems with architectural and technological decisions for the team.
- Focus on nurturing engineering best practices in the team; emphasis on building a culture of quality, clean and testable coding practices, code reviews etc.
- Achieve deep knowledge of our product architecture, usage patterns, and real-world deployment scenarios to develop an understanding of which solutions will bring value to our customers.
- Pay extra attention to non-functional requirements (performance, scalability, reliability, and high availability).
- Partner with leaders from architecture, engineering management, and product management on project requirements, designs, and development plans.
- Keep product quality top of mind by creating automated tests for the software that you help create and helping in code reviews.
- Work in an agile environment and follow scrum practices to deliver high-quality software in a timely manner.
- 5-10 years of software engineering experience focused on cloud based application & platform development.
- Expertise in ReactJS, Typescript, CSS, HTML, Python, or NodeJS is a must.
- Experience writing tests on the React testing library, E2E tests
Additional Required Qualifications
- Experience of building REST API servers using Python/Go/NodeJS.
- Understanding of DB schema designing & ORMs.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is preferred.
- Good to have knowledge of building DevOps pipelines using Jenkins.
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) and familiarity with related services and tools.
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- A team player who demonstrates humility
- Action-oriented with a focus on speed and results
- Ability to thrive in a no-boundaries culture and make an impact on innovation
Benefits Summary for US-Based Full-Time Direct Employment Positions
(The Recruiter will provide benefit details for non-US-based roles)
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 77% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits available to you and your dependents includes a full subscription to Headspace, Gympass+ membership with access to physical gyms, One Medical membership, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems, you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our university job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.