Senior Software Engineer, NLP
The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full-stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models that can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
Join SambaNova Systems and be at the forefront of AI innovation. As a Senior Software Engineer in Applied NLP, you will lead efforts to integrate advanced AI into diverse industries, from enterprise to government sectors. This role is for visionaries eager to make a profound impact by transforming how AI technologies are applied in real-world scenarios.
Working at SambaNova
At SambaNova, our dedication goes beyond merely innovating in AI technology; we actively bring these innovations into the real world each day.
You will play a key role in crafting highly capable generative AI models and solutions, designed to meet the diverse needs of sectors ranging from enterprise to government.
Our culture thrives on creativity and advancement, and your expertise will be crucial in driving the progress of generative AI. We focus on delivering solutions that excel in accuracy, efficiency, safety, accessibility, and robustness for practical applications. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the evolution of generative AI capabilities and help shape the future of Enterprise AI.
- Work on projects leveraging Large Language Models (LLMs) to solve complex customer challenges.
- Serve as a bridge between customer needs and technological capabilities, designing tailored AI solutions.
- Integrate the latest AI research into SambaNova’s products, ensuring they remain at the industry's cutting edge.
- Uphold software engineering standards, focusing on robust, efficient, and scalable AI solutions.
- Advance the development of LLMs, develop ML methods to enable customers to succeed in training high quality models on their data (eg - Domain Specific Training, Self Play, Synthetic Data, Tabular Data, RLHF/RLAIF, etc)
- Collaborate with cross-functional software and hardware teams to innovate customer-centric LLM applications.
- Collaborate with customers, internal teams and external partners to analyze real-world use cases and business problems within different domains.
- Hands on coding and technical tasks.
- Work with diverse data types: textual, unstructured, and tabular data, multimodal data.
- Building 0 to 1 impactful applications from unique HW SW full stack.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Machine Learning, with a focus on natural language processing
- Proficient in Python, with a solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and machine learning.
- Proficiency in ML frameworks such as PyTorch and familiarity with fine-tuning open-source models like Llama 2 and Mistral.
- Good communication skills for diverse audiences, coupled with strong documentation skills.
- Experience in machine learning productization and pipeline development in software engineering. Demonstrated ability to apply research in AI and LLMs to practical applications.
- Proven expertise in LLM/NLP projects to real-world problems.
- Experience in Model Training and Inference at scale, Synthetic Data, Information Retrieval, Machine reading comprehension, RLHF/RLAIF, Weak-Supervision, Knowledge Graph, Software-Hardware Co-design, Question Answering, Copilot. Experience with tools like DeepSeed, vLLM.
- Solid experience in contributing to AI or NLP research, industry or open-source projects
- Capacity to drive technical and business impact, experience in using advanced AI solutions to reshape/upgrade industry practices and open new avenues.
- Previous mentoring roles in AI/NLP/Search projects.
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $140,000/year up to $180,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
Benefits Summary for US-Based Full-Time Direct Employment Positions
(The Recruiter will provide benefit details for non-US-based roles)
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 77% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits available to you and your dependents includes a full subscription to Headspace, Gympass+ membership with access to physical gyms, One Medical membership, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems, you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our university job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.