Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Alif Semiconductor is revolutionizing the way secure connected AI-enabled embedded solutions are created. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to be involved in a fast-paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated Application Engineer in Oulu, Finland to help us promote and support the groundbreaking family of Ensemble and Crescendo Micro Controllers that have received a lot of industry attention.
- Design Embedded Firmware, Application Examples and a Proof-of-Concept solutions.
- Develop reference designs in cooperation with Partners and Independent Design Houses.
- Create and present training material targeting embedded applications and solutions.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing outstanding support and guidance.
- Contribute to the development of documentation such as Application Notes, Quick Start Guides and User Manuals.
- Work with the marketing team to validate product requirements and review new product introduction materials.
- Work with the Documentation team to review and update Datasheets and Technical Reference Manuals.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience of developing firmware and/or software for embedded products. Experience with IoT edge devices a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in developing device drivers and software for analog peripherals and communication interfaces such as SPI, I2C, USB and Ethernet.
- Expertise in Real Time Operating Systems and the use of Linux as embedded operating system.
- Proficient in C and/or C++ programming with best engineering and software development practices.
- Hands-on experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and other standard lab equipment.
- Equally comfortable working with well-defined and ambiguous requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and proactive, team player, can-do attitude.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with processor startup code, BSP, board bring up and debugging is a big plus.
- Experience with power management for embedded systems is a big plus.
- Understanding of Embedded Security, Secured Boot/Update and Root of Trust concepts.
- Familiarity with wireless technologies and related communication protocols is a plus.
Alif Semiconductor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.