Bluetooth Firmware Engineer / Architect
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Alif Semiconductor is revolutionizing the way secure connected AI-enabled embedded solutions are created. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to be involved in a fast-paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for an experienced, self-driven and motivated Bluetooth BLE firmware engineer / architect to join our Alif Semiconductor software team in Oulu, Finland.
- Responsible for developing and integrating the BLE firmware architecture at all layers (Link Layer and Host Layers).
- Contributing to the development and integration of the various layers of firmware – a hands-on approach
- Providing technical insight and guidance on BLE topics to the firmware development team
- Contribute to the quality of BLE firmware via code reviews and input on test plans
- Ensure the maintainability of the BLE firmware
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing outstanding support and guidance in your areas of expertise.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with academic and/or experiential background in Wireless System Communications and/or Embedded Systems.
- Strong background in Bluetooth and BLE firmware development, architecture, operation and specifications.
- Prior experience developing BLE Link Layer or BLE Host layer (GAP/GATT) firmware development for BLE MCU products.
- 5+ years of experience of developing MCU firmware and/or software for embedded products / MCU’s.
- Familiar with embedded software development and debug environments (IDE’s, Jtag debuggers) and modern software development tools (Git, Jira, etc.).
- Experience in HW (FPGA)/SW/Firmware based prototyping to demonstrate proof of concept.
- Strong programming skills with tried experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic heavy embedded solutions.
- Equally comfortable working with well-defined and ambiguous requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and proactive, team player, can-do attitude.
Alif Semiconductor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.