Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Alif Semiconductor is revolutionizing the way secure connected AI-enabled embedded solutions are created. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to be involved in a fast-paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for an experienced, self-driven and motivated Embedded Software Engineer to join our System Software development team in Oulu, Finland.
- Development of embedded OS software and Device Drivers for Alif’s MCU / MPU systems.
- Work closely with fellow System Software developers, system architects and senior management to design and develop the System Software
- Ensure high standards of deliverables via creation and maintenance of automated tests
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing outstanding support and guidance.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with academic and/or experiential background in System Communications and/or Embedded Systems.
- 3 to 5 years development experience with Embedded firmware / software development
- Strong knowledge and experience with MCU embedded C, C++ and Python programming
- Familiar with embedded software development and debug environments (IDE’s, Jtag debuggers) and modern software development tools (Git, Jira, etc).
- Sound knowledge on Microcontrollers/Microprocessors, ARM MPU (ARMv7/ARMv8) architectures
- Familiar with device driver development for one or more devices
- Experience with Embedded Linux and/or RTOS systems and networking
- Equally comfortable working with well-defined and ambiguous requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and proactive, team player, can-do attitude.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Comfortable working with resource constrained embedded platforms
- Experience in Real Time Operating Systems and the use of Linux as embedded operating system.
- Experience with power management for embedded systems is a big plus.
Alif Semiconductor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.