Power Management IC Design Lead
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Alif Semiconductor is revolutionizing the way secure connected AI-enabled embedded solutions are created. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to be involved in a fast-paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
Responsible for the design/lead of the Power Management IC deliverable for LTE, GNSS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee and other communication systems. Ideal candidate can design Analog/Power Management building blocks as well as PMU Top-Level (layout, digital, RFIC and system).
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of experience in Analog/PMU design with advanced CMOS technology nodes. SOI technology experience a plus.
- Experience as Design Lead for Power Management IC. Open to candidates with extensive experience designing PMU building blocks with Design Lead aspiration/capability.
- Detailed knowledge with direct tape-out experience in several of the following a MUST: LDO, Bandgap, DC-DC Converter, various ADC/DAC architectures, OPAMP/Amplifiers, Comparators, Analog Filters, Variable Gain Amplifiers, XTAL Oscillators, Ring Oscillator, etc. Emphasis on LOW POWER DESIGN.
- Good understanding of analog design concepts such as analysis of noise, linearity, mismatch, stability, offset and other analog impairments.
- Knowledge of QFN & CSP packaging effects, supply isolations, circuit layout for optimum Analog/RF performance, EM effects, PEX (post-layout parasitic extraction).
- Experience in using development tools including Cadence Virtuoso, Spectre RF, MATLAB and Verilog modeling.
- Understanding of system specifications and ability to translate system requirement into circuit requirement at IC level.
- Hands-on experience in silicon characterization and debug.
- Team player with good verbal and written communication skills along with excellent presentations skills (MS Office Suite). Strong sense of urgency.
- 12+ years of Analog/PMU Design.
- Technical Lead experience a plus. Experience with Power Management IC top-level simulation & verification.
- Mixed-Mode simulation experience.
Alif Semiconductor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.