Sr. Digital Low Power Implementation Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Alif Semiconductor is revolutionizing the way secure connected AI-enabled embedded solutions are created. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to be involved in a fast-paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
Responsible for creating turn-key solutions to support cutting-edge Cellular IoT device. This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking new system with few legacy constraints.
As a Sr. Digital Implementation Engineer, you will own the UPF delivery (to Design Verification and Physical Design) of various blocks and chip top level by ensuring the integrity and quality of the libraries and models and tool inter-operability. This position requires expert knowledge of Low Power ASIC implementation flow (including STA/DFT and IP integration).
- Define and document UPF-based low power methodology and scripts/flows
- UPF hand-off checks (Conformal-LP, Xcelium, Genus/Innovus)
- UPF requirements and generation for defining power intent (at ip, block and chip level)
- Interface with Physical Design for design partitioning, floorplan and timing closure
- Analyze UPF implementation results and facilitate design changes and ECOs with front-end and back-end teams
- Expert knowledge and significant experience with UPF-based low power ASIC Implementation Flow, UPF Generation/Validation and Timing Closure
- Experience in low power design issues, tools, and methodology including UPF power intent specification
- Familiarity with Synthesis (Cadence), DFT (Tessent) and back-end (Cadence) tools
- Proficient in Verilog/SV/Tcl/Perl/Python
- Highly motivated to debug and resolve CAD tool flow issues
- Self-starter with good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience with IP integration
- Experience with Cadence UPF and ECO Flow
- Experience with Clock Domain Crossing (CDC) Analysis
- Experience with timing corners and library models
- Proven track record of successful deep submicron technology node tapeout (including Silicon bring-up)
- Detailed hands-on knowledge of all aspects of timing closure (including OCV, noise, crosstalk, IR-drop, power/voltage domains/UPF, DFT)
Alif Semiconductor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.