Environmental Control System (ECS) Engineer
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is transforming air travel with Overture, the world’s fastest airliner — optimized for speed, safety, and sustainability. Serving both civil and government markets, Overture will fly at twice the speed of today’s airliners and is designed to run on 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
Boom is seeking an Environmental Control System (ECS) Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for developing, integrating and supporting a MEA (More Electric Aircraft) ECS system plus related sub-system architecture for Overture
- Carry out preliminary design activities, development, test, certification, and support of the ECS and other sub-systems
- Define requirements for system design to ensure compliance with regulations
- Carry out trade studies of the applicable systems to ensure the right solution for Overture
- Collaborate with other team members and suppliers throughout the design & integration activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A relevant bachelor’s or master's degree (e.g. in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Science)
- 10+ years’ experience in the design, development, aircraft integration and certification of ECS systems
- Experience with performing calculations and analysis for trade studies and down selecting solutions.
- Knowledge and experience in identifying technical requirements
- Knowledge of 14 CFR23 or CFR25 regulatory requirements and Advisory Circulars related to ECS
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- The ability to interface effectively with different groups internally and externally.
- Superb organizational skills and acute attention to detail
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with at least one aircraft program from initial concept through flight and certification
- Experience with electrical ECS Systems
- Experience with Liquid Cooling Systems (LCS)
- Member of aerospace industry advisory and / or rule-making boards.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $127,000 - $172,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Something looks off?