Aircraft Program Manager
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is transforming air travel with Overture, the world’s fastest airliner — optimized for speed, safety, and sustainability. Serving both civil and government markets, Overture will fly at twice the speed of today’s airliners and is designed to run on 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
Boom Supersonic is seeking a Program Manager with an extensive background in aircraft design, test, and certification of commercial aircraft. The candidate will support the programmatic aspects (cost, schedule and performance) of the development, certification and fabrication of Overture, Boom’s new 65 seat passenger supersonic aircraft.
- Working closely with Engineering, the candidate is responsible for program leadership, direction, and guidance that ensures successful execution of the program in accordance with the budget, schedule, and technical/certification requirements.
- Develop and monitor fidelity of the program baseline including definition of tasks, program budgets and financial models, and program schedules across multiple disciplines and areas of the business.
- Work with suppliers to manage overall program schedule and roadmap
- Cross functional team work to identify customer requirements for design and development and implement requirements management processes to ensure requirement validation and verification is accurate.
- Work with the organization to define, secure, and organize resources, standards, processes, procedures, and tools essential for the successful completion of the program.
- Develop and practice good internal/external communication systems with meaningful metrics and controls.
- Be the primary interface internally and externally on related subjects.
- Ensure that program requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are communicated and flowed-down to the internal team and partners/suppliers.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization
- Aid in resolving conflicts, demands, and priorities on assigned programs.
- Work unplanned program issues to a best solution, including development of plans-forward, escalation and increased resources, as required.
- Communicate program status to senior leadership.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the business, and with external partners/suppliers.
- Travel is required, up to 15%.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree with 5 to 12 years of experience in aerospace or an equivalent combination of technical education and aerospace experience
- Experience in design, integration, production, test, and management of airplane or space programs.
- Experience in procurement management activities for aerospace systems.
- Thorough understanding of program management practices including: planning and budgeting, schedule development, change control, risk and opportunity management, and earned value reporting.
- A self-starter, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and understand the big picture of a program of this nature as well as technical, budget, and schedule issues at the detail level.
- Agility, the ability to move quickly and manage workload effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding customers, difficult schedules, and technically challenging projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Persuasiveness, effective negotiation, and excellent communication and presentation skills
Preferred Education, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced degree etc. MBA, Masters Degree
- PMP preferred
The Base Salary Range for this position is $96,000 - $150,000. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.