Senior Product Manager
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Brilliant designs and manufactures award-winning smart touchscreen control panels, smart dimmer switches, and smart plugs. Brilliant is trusted by hundreds of builders, developers, and property managers across the U.S. and Canada as a standard feature of their homes and apartments, providing homeowners and renters a compelling unified technology experience in their homes. Brilliant is the winner of the CES Innovation Award, the CTA TechHome Mark of Excellence, the IoT Breakthrough Award, and the CEDIA BEST Award. Brilliant is funded by Next47, Celesta Capital, August Capital, Miramar Ventures, The Box Group, and other prominent investors. To learn more about Brilliant, please visit: https://www.brilliant.tech
About the role:
Are you passionate about making smart technology more accessible in the home? Do you want to work at the intersection of PropTech and Smart Home where you can shape both consumer and enterprise products?
We are looking for an experienced product manager to own and drive Brilliant’s smart apartment products. You will be responsible for understanding the needs of property owners, managers and tenants and, working closely with engineering, building compelling solutions to those needs. You need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities, including product discovery, definition and delivery, wireframing, analytics and more, working directly with customers and partners to define and deliver great experiences.
You have a strong point of view backed by detailed knowledge of your area, but also are highly collaborative, working closely with engineering, design, marketing, sales and others.
- Drive the vision, strategy and execution for Brilliant’s smart apartment products.
- Develop a deep understanding of property owner, manager and tenant needs and problems.
- Meet regularly with customers and partners to ground yourself in how they think and what is important to them.
- Create product specs, artifacts, wireframes and mocks and iterate on them with engineering and other stakeholders.
- Become an expert in smart apartments and position Brilliant for success within the competitive landscape.
- Work closely with engineering to define, develop and iteratively deliver solutions.
- Conduct user research to understand tenant needs and the usability of our products or prototypes.
- Define all of the product metrics for your area and build analytics and dashboards to accurately measure them.
- Evangelize your product internally and externally.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager at a technology company.
- Experience working in a startup or similar environment – you are comfortable with ambiguity and rapid iterative development.
- Track record of successfully delivering or scaling new products and ability to provide relevant examples.
- Experience building mobile and/or web applications.
- Experience building wireframes and mocks, ideally using Figma.
- Experience creating (or collaborating to create) a clear product vision and strategy that drives product decisions.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience and/or strong personal interest in smart home technologies and how to make them easier to use.
- Experience in PropTech.
- A technical degree or background, especially in Computer Science.
What we offer:
o Comprehensive compensation package and equity
o Comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage
o 401(k) program to help save for your future
o Unlimited Paid Time off and company wide holidays
o Free dinner and weekly lunch
o Collaborative culture with a supportive team
o A great place to work with unlimited growth opportunities
o Opportunity to work on Smart Home technology
"Brilliant is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law."