Head of Engineering
Exostellar, Inc.. is searching for a Head of Engineering who will be responsible for leading our engineering department, managing our teams, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects, overseeing all software development plans from ideation to execution, and managing our integrations with external partners and vendors.
Exotanium, a startup founded by two professors and one Ph.D. graduate from the Department of Computer Science at Cornell University, is a cloud resource optimization and management platform that uses virtualization technology and Machine Learning (ML) to help enterprises reduce spending in the cloud by up to 90%, while enhancing both operational security and performance. Our company has offices in Ithaca, NY, and Santa Clara, CA, and we also offer remote positions across the United States and Canada.
Our team is passionate about maintaining our culture of diversity, and we especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and believe that this creates the best possible working environment for all and maximizes innovation.
- Work with the Chief Technology Officer and other stakeholders to build and maintain a scalable process for software development and quality assurance
- Oversee development teams and projects
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and tools
- Work experience as a lead of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and infrastructure level enterprise software
- Hands-on experience in software development and management
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management and people management skills
Compensation: Competitive salary Depends on Experience (DOE), Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K with match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Long Term and Short Term Disabilities, Life Insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.