Lead Enterprise Support Software Engineer
Exostellar, Inc.. is searching for a Lead Enterprise Support Software Engineer who will provide in-depth front-line support for our customers, working across the stack from code to infrastructure configuration to diagnose and resolve production issues. This customer-centric role will be critical in ensuring the success and growth of Exotanium as we scale, so we are looking for candidates with a significant software engineering and customer-facing background who can be strong advocates for our customers. Our company has offices in Ithaca, NY, and Santa Clara, CA, and we also offer remote positions across the United States.
Exotanium, a startup created by two professors and one graduated Ph.D. student from the Department of Computer Science at Cornell University, is a cloud resource optimization and management platform that uses Machine Learning (ML) to help enterprises reduce spending in the cloud by up to 90%, while enhancing both operational security and performance.
Our team is passionate about maintaining our culture of diversity, and we especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and believe that this creates the best possible working environment for all and maximizes innovation.
- Provide front-line customer support to identify and troubleshoot issues with our products across the stack, from installation/environment issues to code-level bugs.
- Work to help us build a customer-centric culture, becoming an advocate for our customers and identifying and working with others to reduce the friction that they experience
- Work directly with customers and internal staff to report issues with a high degree of detail, facilitating reproducibility, further diagnostics, and resolution
- Create and document workarounds for identified issues to keep customers operational
- Read and understand complex application code and make code fixes to resolve support issues where possible
- Use our packaging and CI/CD tools to produce builds for testing solutions
- Develop tools, procedures, and documentation to help scale our support abilities
- Stay up to date with our products, upcoming releases, and prepare to support them in customers’ production environments with excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years overall software development experience.
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting and identifying the root cause of issues in complex Enterprise-level applications in UNIX/Linux environments.
- 3+ years of experience providing technical support for Enterprise-level applications in the cloud
- Significant experience supporting containerized applications
- Development Experience in languages like C, C++, Golang, Python, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence.
- Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions, communicates effectively with a wide array of individuals at Exotanium, and gets the right things done.
- Growth mindset and a passion for learning
- You can work effectively in a remote environment
Compensation: Competitive salary Depends on Experience (DOE), Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K with match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Long Term and Short Term Disabilities, Life Insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.