Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
Exostellar, Inc. is searching for Senior Software Engineers who will play a critical role in building out our next-generation cloud-native resource optimization platform, working on technology that brings on-premise control back to cloud users. Our company has offices in Ithaca, NY, and Santa Clara, CA, and we also offer remote positions across the United States and Canada.
Exotanium, a startup founded by two professors and one Ph.D. graduate from the Department of Computer Science at Cornell University, is a cloud resource optimization and management platform that uses virtualization technology and Machine Learning (ML) to help enterprises reduce spending in the cloud by up to 90%, while enhancing both operational security and performance.
Our team is passionate about maintaining our culture of diversity, and we especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and believe that this creates the best possible working environment for all and maximizes innovation.
- Design, implement, and document new features for our products
- Provide technical guidance and feedback to other developers to improve codebase quality
- Collaborate with team members throughout organization
- Bachelor or more advanced degree in Computer Science or related programs
- 5+ years experience software engineering experience using Go or equivalent
- Extensive experience working on distributed systems in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to explain complex technical topics to both internal and external stakeholders with ease and in remote/distributed environments
- Familiarity with git for source control
- Comfortable working remotely if not working from our offices in Ithaca, NY, or Santa Clara, CA
Compensation: Competitive salary Depends on Experience (DOE), Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K with match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Long Term and Short Term Disabilities, Life Insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.