Sr. Applications Engineer - ML/AI for Autonomous Driving Technology
Recogni develops high-compute, low-power, low-latency AI processors for autonomous vehicles. Recogni’s AI processing capability is backed by unique patents that significantly reduce power consumption and effectively extend driving range.
The current system delivers unprecedented inference performance through novel edge processing, allowing vehicles to see farther and make driving decisions faster than humans while consuming minimal amounts of energy. We are well underway in developing our next generation processor and are looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and share our passion in making driving autonomy accessible to all with minimal impact on the environment.
Backed by Celesta Capital, Continental, Robert Bosch, GreatPoint Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, BMW i Ventures, The Mayfield Fund, and other leading VC partners, the company is headquartered in San Jose, California with an equally-sized office in Munich, Germany. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow.
About the role:
We are seeking a Senior Applications Engineer.
As an Applications Engineer, you play a critical role driving alignment with multiple customers to ensure timely successful execution of key corporate programs. You will manage business escalations with analytical methodology to establish trust both internally and with our valued customers. You will use your knowledge in Deep Learning to efficiently solve customer requests by working together with our conversion and AI applications team. For example, you help customers with the selection of appropriate network architectures for their task and with the quantization and conversion of their in-house networks for fast and power-efficient execution on the Recogni AI processor.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Customer Engagement: Serve as the primary liaison between our dynamic internal development teams and our valued external customers.
- Technical PoCs: Collaborate and innovate on technical Proof of Concepts with potential and existing clients.
- Client Projects: Lead and contribute to customer-facing projects, ensuring their requirements are translated into innovative solutions.
- Problem Solving: Address and solve customer inquiries by collaborating with fellow application engineers and our R&D department, specializing in perception, conversion, and compilation.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the sales and technical teams to provide feedback, gather requirements, and ensure our products meet market demands.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest in AI technology, ensuring that our solutions are always at the cutting edge.
- Preferred Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in Python, with experience in PyTorch and corresponding frameworks.
- Proven track record in application engineering, demonstrating the ability to work with customers to tackle complex issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to present technical details clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience in at least three of the following: Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Automotive, Embedded Systems, Cloud Computing, Robotics, High-performance Computing.
Reasons to consider joining Recogni:
- A vibrant working environment with motivated leaders, where every idea counts.
- Be at the forefront of AI development while keeping abreast of the latest techniques in AI processing.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision to Systems and Device Engineering.
- Flexibility in your work location - choose between working from home, our modern office, or a hybrid of both.
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks, and us!
- A competitive salary package, reflective of your skills and experience.
- Opportunities for professional growth and learning, including workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Employee Stock Plan.
- An inclusive and diverse work culture that values every individual's contribution.
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.