Sr. Staff Hardware Design Engineer
Sr. Staff Hardware Design Engineer
San Jose, CA
About our company - Recogni
Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming our world. It can perform cognitive functions that previously only humans could do, such as perceiving interactions across different environments with the ability to quickly learn and then solve complex problems. At Recogni we have innovative approaches to machine learning, high resolution imaging, perception processing, and high-performance computation with industry-leading low power efficiency. We're a well funded, fast-paced startup company with headquarters in San Jose, CA, and Munich, Germany; we also have many talented team members working remotely. We're at the leading edge of advancing the latest research and product improvements for Al inference solutions that will make Al even more useful for compelling new applications.
About the role
To keep pace in this exciting, multi-disciplinary field, we’re looking for a Sr. Staff Hardware Design Engineer. You will be in a unique position to have ownership of a wide-ranging list of hardware system development aspects, including schematics, PCB layout and mechanical design, component selection and collaborating with operations in AVL management, EVT/DVT/PVT testing and certification. You will also have an opportunity to make impact on design and bringup of development systems, reference platforms and volume products.
This hands-on multi-disciplinary role provides a unique opportunity to interact directly with ASIC, camera sensor, software, product and operations teams to gather necessary requirements and specifications, and help set the overall methodology around hardware system development at Recogni.
- Own multiple aspects of hardware system engineering of Recogni’s flagship AI products.
- Gather requirements and specifications from engineering, product and operations teams for planning and implementing all hardware system deliverables, from lab bringup artifacts to reference system to shipping products.
- Hands on responsibility for the schematic capture, PCB design and other aspects of the hardware system around a complex custom AI ASIC.
- Plan for Compliance, Validation and FMEA Analysis for products.
- Drive hardware parts selection and vendor qualification processes in collaboration with manufacturing operations.
- B.S. degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 10+ years of hardware engineering and experience with product-cycle aspects therein.
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of schematic capture, PCB design, as well as understanding signal integrity, mechanical and thermal design areas.
- Experience in part selection, AVL management and working with manufacturing operations teams.
- Previous involvement in representing engineering considerations in contract manufacturing relationships.
- Demonstrable experience with EVT, DVT, PVT testing and certification processes is a plus.
- Self-starter and highly-motivated to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.