Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming our world. It can perform cognitive functions that previously only humans could do, such as perceiving interactions across different environments with the ability to quickly learn and then solve complex problems. At Recogni we have innovative approaches to machine learning, high resolution imaging, perception processing, and high-performance computation with industry-leading low power efficiency. We're a well funded, fast-paced startup company with headquarters in San Jose, CA, and Munich, Germany; we also have many talented team members working remotely. We're at the leading edge of advancing the latest research and product improvements for Al inference solutions that will make Al even more useful for compelling new applications.
Position Title: Accounting Intern
About the Role:
We are on the hunt for a systematic and passionate Accounting Intern to join our vibrant team! This internship is more than just a learning experience; it's your opportunity to become proficient in finance and excel in the world of numbers
Are you an ambitious individual actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting, Finance, or a related field? Do you boast a stellar GPA of 3.5 or higher and possess a solid grasp of accounting and financial principles? If so, join us as an Accounting Intern and immerse yourself in the fast-paced world of finance at our team
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Shadow our seasoned finance professionals, gaining exposure to a variety of functions including Corporate Accounting, Sales Operations, and Business Unit Finance.
- Engage in research, filing, data entry, and maintaining flawless financial records. Collaborate with Program Management and Engineering to keep project budgets up to date.
- Work with cutting-edge bookkeeping software and provide administrative support for our spend management system.
- Prepare comprehensive financial reports, balance sheets, income statements, invoices, and other vital documents that tell the story of our business.
- Handle sensitive information with the utmost honesty and integrity, showcasing your commitment to professionalism.
- Lear how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations
- Develop your analytical and problem-solving skills, ensuring alignment with business and corporate objectives.
- Network across various teams, learning from a wide array of business professionals.
- Take on additional tasks or projects, expanding your knowledge of accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Masters in Accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and pivot on the fly, embracing change and new opportunities.
This is your golden opportunity to learn, grow, and soak in as much knowledge as possible. You’ll be working closely with seasoned professionals who are eager to mentor and guide you through the labyrinth of accounting excellence. After completing an internship, successful Accounting interns will be eligible to join Recogni’s Finance Department
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policies
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.