Technical Program Manager - Service Operations and Site Reliability Engineer
The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
Working at SambaNova
This role presents a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations. As the Technical Program Manager you will facilitate successful ownership and management of the service delivery in a cloud and hybrid deployment model. You will work closely with developers and SREs (Site Reliability Engineers), helping create infrastructure delivery roadmaps and managing their execution in an agile manner.
The Technical Program Manager will be the key point of contact for successful execution of the Service operations and SRE deliverables, and a key interface to cross functional stakeholders. The role will require a fair amount of interaction with customers and partners.
SambaNova is hiring a Technical Program Manager - Service Operations and Site Reliability Engineer to define and lead the delivery of high performance AI platforms and services to our customers and partners.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Lead cross-functional operations and infrastructure programs/projects to ensure timely and efficient delivery of SambaNova’s platforms and services to customers and partners
- Actively engage with multiple stakeholder teams to streamline our delivery capabilities
- Provide hands-on program management through the service lifecycle, accountable for identifying and overcoming end-to-end, cross-functional problems in technical domains across infrastructure, platform and service delivery
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure operationally ready solutions, and drive towards successful deployment with the right stakeholders
- Publish regular reports to maintain visibility and accountability across multiple programs with a key focus on positive customer impact
- Find innovative ways to measure and improve efficiency, leading to improved velocity and higher quality outcomes
- Maintain strong communication with the right stakeholders, manage escalations and drive issue resolution
- Be the problem solver, willing to jump in and deliver exceptional results
- BS in any engineering discipline
- 8+ years of technical program management experience in service provider or cloud service provider environments
Additional Required Qualifications
- Technical depth in infrastructure delivery, knowledge of cloud native platforms, automation and the ability to drive projects independently
- Strong understanding of web scale infrastructure deployment and management requirements with experience coordinating across global data center deployments
- Exceptional program management skills with high attention to detail
- Strong ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade offs, and evaluate alternative ideas with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to leverage data to back up recommendations and decisions
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including at the executive level
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Knowledge of Jira / Confluence and other tools for building dashboards
- Ability and willingness to work with global teams spread across multiple time zones
- Familiarity with concepts of Machine Learning, High Performance Computing or related areas would be a significant advantage
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- A team player who demonstrates humility
- Action-oriented with a focus on speed & results
- Ability to thrive in a no-boundaries culture & make an impact on innovation
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $165,000.00/year up to $210,000.00/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy