Principal Software Engineer, Runtime
The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
Working at SambaNova
This role presents a unique opportunity to shape and work on cutting-edge system software solutions for AI and machine learning applications in the enterprise & commercial landscape. The stack spans multiple software layers, and provides products & services including but not limited to OS, software-hardware interface, isolation through virtualization and containerization, scaleout through data-parallel/model-parallel/pipeline-parallel, etc with networking, fault management, application orchestration using Kubernetes, and various tools for management/debugging/diagnostics.
SambaNova is searching for a runtime software engineer candidate that will deliver cutting-edge system software solutions for AI and machine learning applications in the enterprise & commercial landscape. The candidate will participate in building, testing, and deploying next-generation high-performance OS-related system software stack for compute systems for AI applications at scale. The candidate must have a strong background in programming, building, and testing software in distributed systems, networking, Kubernetes, and system fault management with good teamwork and planning skills.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Design, develop and maintain OS-related system software with industry-leading performance and capabilities.
- Work across teams to ensure maximum system-level performance.
- Innovate new software-hardware interfaces to manage compute, memory, and I/O resources.
- Own and support testing automation of the RDU system software of different configurations and use cases
- Work closely with hardware engineers to validate silicon features before tapeout.
- Provide feedback to the hardware teams on potential improvements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- 4-10 years of related industry, hands-on experience with Linux OS kernel & user space, Kubernetes, system fault management, Ethernet, and I/O virtualization
Additional Required Qualifications
- Experience in programming languages, such as C, C++, Python
- Experience and knowledge with I/O virtualization technologies, industry-standard open-source networking, and parallel computing frameworks such as MPI, and UCX is a bonus.
- Experience with Linux kernel, drivers, user space libraries, and applications with strong Linux fundamentals
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ethernet concepts, network operating systems, Kubernetes, and system fault management is desired
- Good communication skills and enthusiasm to help colleagues
- Knowledge of various compiler and build systems, such as GCC, LLVM, Make, and CMake
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- A team player who demonstrates humility
- Action-oriented with a focus on speed & results
- Ability to thrive in a no-boundaries culture & make an impact on innovation
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy