Principal Engineer, Post-Silicon Bring-up / Validation : IO Subsystem
The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
Working at SambaNova
This role presents a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations. SambaNova is hiring a senior-level Post-Silicon Engineer who will be responsible for the post-silicon validation and triage of the IO subsystem. In this role you will be working closely with the silicon, system, software, and operation teams. You will play a unique and critical role in the productization of the SambaNova DataScale® system, and you will be provided with cross-functional learning across the hardware and software stack with opportunities for growth in a fast-growing AI system company.
- Develop and execute post-silicon IO validation plan (characterization, functional, stress test, and performance validation)
- Perform system-level debug and root-cause analysis through bringup, validation, and production phase
- Partner with system engineer, product engineer, and software team on product test deployment, RMA debug, and product release
- Collaborate with supporting teams in design, diagnostics, emulation, firmware, verification, and software to ensure bring-up readiness (e.g. power-on sequence, debug tool and script, contingency plan)
- Review pre-silicon SoC design, board schematic, and SI/PI report
- Engage in pre-silicon verification and emulation effort
- Drive technical innovation in post-silicon infrastructure including tools and script development, technical and procedural methodology enhancement, and ongoing monitoring and other cross-functional technical initiatives
- BS or MS degree in EE, ECE or CS
5+ years of practical experience in post-silicon validation
Additional Required Qualifications
- Extensive experience in one or more high-speed IO/memory interfaces or protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, DDR, CXL
- Strong analytical skills for test creation and data analysis
- Strong programming and scripting skills (C/C++, Python, bash)
- Self-starter and ability to drive tasks to completion with minimal guidance
- In-depth knowledge of high-speed SerDes training and adaptation
- Familiar with mixed-signal IO design
- Experience with oscilloscope and other lab equipment
- Knowledge of computer hardware architecture and software architecture
- Working knowledge of Linux
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $165,000/year up to $210,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy