Product Test Technician (Contractor on-site Palo Alto, CA)
The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
Working at SambaNova
This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations. This job opens pathways for high growth but requires a learning mindset.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 3-6 months with the possibility of conversion to full-time employment.
Schedule: Flexible 8-hour shifts Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm Pacific Time, with occasional nights and/or weekends as needed for high priority work.
Work setting: In-person, in-office (Palo Alto, CA)
SambaNova Systems is seeking a Product Test Technician Contractor to perform set-up and testing/calibration of system test equipment. In this position, you will operate a chip-level test setup to run pass/fail of packaged semiconductor chips.
- Work closely with hardware design engineers to test and validate hardware, provide input on designs to ensure that it meets Sambanova’s standards of quality and reliability
- Execute test plans for highly complex platforms (e.g., validating the interaction of multiple pieces of equipment at the subsystem and rack levels), diagnose highly complex hardware or software issues.
- Work to apply unique hardware modifications to prototypes, perform design and/or modified hardware validation, and compile test reports and test data into various documentation formats, and present these to engineering teams
- Perform inventory tracking of all electrical lab equipment within labs.
- Assist with shipping, receiving, and equipment logistical duties for the labs
- Associate Degree or equivalent in Electronics
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience with electrical troubleshooting, debugging, electrical and mechanical assembly
Additional Required Qualifications
- Experience in handling highly ESD-sensitive chips
- Basic knowledge and understanding of digital circuits and systems
- Ability to run GUI-based test program
- Experience with Excel / spreadsheets
- Passion, diligence, integrity, and can-do attitude
- Team player with excellent conversational and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform the testing independently with minimal supervision
- Willing and able to lift and assist moving heavier equipment and items weighing up to 35 pounds
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base wage for this position ranges from $30.00/hour up to $50.00/hour. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
The targeted pay range listed reflects the base pay only and does not include bonus, equity, or benefits. This opportunity is a contract role of 3-6 months with the possibility of conversion to full-time employment.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy