Director, Solutions Engineering - Pre-Sales
The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
Working at SambaNova
This role presents a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations. As customers evaluate and implement AI solutions, this team will provide technical leadership and guidance about SambaNova Systems products. This is a high-visibility role leading our team, which works with our most strategic accounts. This role allows for both external and internal collaboration across sales, development, and product to ensure a smooth prospect evaluation and buying experience.
SambaNova is hiring a Director, Solutions Engineer (a.k.a. Sales Engineering or Customer Engineering) to lead the team that is responsible for the success of specific prospects as they discover and evaluate solutions with SambaNova Systems. You will work with sales and prospect stakeholders to make sure everything involving their technical evaluation and buying experience goes smoothly.
The ideal candidate will have extensive, hands-on experience in AI/ML solution architecture, prototype development, and managing technical customer relationships in enterprise, cloud systems, or software, paired with strong relationship and collaborative skills to engage with others and achieve trusted advisor status.
This person will be responsible for:
- Leading and enabling a global team of solution engineering professionals
- Building and maintaining technical relationships with prospective clients
- Technical discovery, qualification, and impact quantification
- Aid prospective clients in understanding the benefits and path to adoption of SambaNova Systems
- Managing and executing prototype/PoC development and driving prospective clients to a “technical win”
- White space analysis and solution design with prospective clients about how AI can solve their unique business challenges or enhance their business insight
- Represent SambaNova at trade shows and industry events
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Data Engineering, or related fields or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of AI/ML customer-facing experience. AI/LM experience is a hard requirement, not optional.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and building a global technical team that has successfully partnered with the sales team to guide successful customer outcomes
- Ability to travel up to 50% nationally and internationally
- Willingness to support a global business, requiring flexibility in working hours
Additional Required Qualifications
- Strong people and technical leadership achieved through collaboration and flexibility
- Experience with AI/ML model development, porting, and optimization
- Experience with AI/ML model performance analysis, development of PoCs/evaluations of models
- Familiarity with server system deployment concerns/requirements in data centers
- Experience with API-driven integration and solution design
- A take-charge attitude with a desire to own the success of the prospect’s technical buying experience and willingness to partner with sales staff in message crafting and delivery
- Experience in a consultative or technical sales environment
- A team player who demonstrates humility and a desire to collaborate with teammates around the world to design better customer solutions and experiences
- A current or lapsed Solution Architect or Enterprise Architect certification from any provider
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or other MLOps platforms/capabilities
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- A team player who demonstrates humility
- Action-oriented with a focus on speed & results
- Ability to thrive in a no-boundaries culture & make an impact on innovation
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy