Senior Technical Program Manager, Machine Learning
The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
- Work closely with the compiler engineering team and other cross-functional partners to align on requirements, drive execution and implement processes to improve efficiency.
- Leverage your excellent communication and coordination skills to bring the best out of multiple technical teams
- Make decisions at the program level, using planning and tracking tools to handle cross-organizational programs of broad scope and high complexity
- Report on key milestones and drive progress toward those milestones
- Proactively identify and help remove obstacles to drive momentum
- Streamline and work to define processes and best practices to drive execution
- Commit to ongoing learning and development pertaining to compilers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, SW Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of industry work experience
- 5+ years of experience of technical program management and development in software industry
- 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams with a proven track record of meeting project commitments
- Experience with roadmap planning, change control, forecasting and release process management
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Strong business and stakeholder management skills with experience influencing individuals and teams
- Proven leadership skills to leverage cross-group talent and relationships to achieve goals
- Communication skills with demonstrated expertise to articulate and up-level information based on the audience
- Desire to learn and lead through ambiguity
- Self-motivated and willing to take additional responsibilities over time to contribute to the team’s success
- 1+ years of compiler and/or toolchain related product development experience
- Familiarity with AI/deep learning technologies is a plus
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $180,000/year up to $210,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy