Design Validation Test (DVT) / Sustaining Engineer - Hardware Systems (Contractor)
The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
Working at SambaNova
This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations. This job opens pathways for high growth, but requires a learning mindset.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 3-6 months with the possibility of conversion to full-time employment.
Schedule: Flexible 8-hour shifts Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm Pacific Time, with occasional nights and/or weekends as needed for high priority work.
Work setting: In-person, in-office (Palo Alto, CA) 80% of the time
SambaNova Systems is seeking a Design Validation Test (DVT) / Sustaining Engineer - Hardware Systems (Contractor). The person in this role will be responsible for:
- Validating the board/system for highly complex compute servers during prototype stages
- Driving external resources/partners to ensure all aspects of the hardware designs have been validated
- Triaging sustaining/manufacturing issues at the Contract Manufacturers (CMs)
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Fixing bugs and ongoing maintenance:
- Analyze reported defects and prioritize them based on severity and impact
- Develop and test bug fixes to ensure stability and correctness
- Apply patches and updates to address critical issues and vulnerabilities
- Sharing documentation and knowledge:
- Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of issue resolutions, workarounds, and best practices
- Share knowledge and insights with fellow engineers, enabling faster issue resolution and continuous improvement
- Collaborating closely with customer support teams to address customer-reported issues and provide timely solutions
- Participate in support escalation processes to resolve critical customer issues
- Collaborating with development teams to implement and validate approved changes
- Practicing continuous improvement:
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance the stability, performance, and usability of the product
- Contribute to process improvements and initiatives that lead to better product quality and reliability
- BS degree in EE
- Minimum 10 years of relevant industry experience
Additional Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience analyzing reported defects and prioritizing them based on severity and impact
- Experience identifying root-causes of problems, troubleshooting, and developing and testing bug fixes
- Experience applying patches and updates to address critical issues and vulnerabilities
- Experience maintaining clear and comprehensive documentation of issue resolutions, workarounds, and best practices
- Experience sharing knowledge and insights with fellow engineers, enabling faster issue resolution and continuous improvement.
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base wage for this position ranges from $90.00/hour up to $100.00/hour. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
The targeted pay range listed reflects the base pay only and does not include bonus, equity, or benefits. This opportunity is a contract role of 3-6 months with the possibility of conversion to full-time employment.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy