Technical Program Manager, Hardware Systems
The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
Working at SambaNova
This role presents a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations. SambaNova is hiring a senior-level Hardware Systems Technical Program Manager to drive the development of the next generation of AI/ML Hardware Platforms from conception to production.
The person in this highly visible Hardware Systems TPM position will:
- work closely with cross-functional teams in Sambanova’s hardware organization spanning multiple sites to support proof-of-concept generation, design, component selection, integration, development, and validation of new hardware products;
- focus on full-cycle NPI development of industry leading AI/ML system solutions specialized to target current and future-generation models with trillions of parameters, requiring engagement with external partners as well as a range of internal engineering and specialized teams;
- lead technical program management of next-generation compute and AI/ML platforms in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (Data Center, Network, Hardware Systems, Infrastructure Engineering, Software/Test Engineering, Manufacturing) and across multiple physical locations;
- own overall program success spanning the end-to-end development of the hardware product. This includes the server, modules, chassis, and subsystems spanning internal and external development work through successful ingestion into SambaNova's infrastructure and support of production workloads at scale;
- develop and manage the overall NPI program including defining scope, requirements, development model, schedules, and deliverables with engineering teams, partners, and stakeholders;
- provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases;
- perform risk assessment, risk mitigation and change management on projects;
- provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks;
- drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions;
- manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and deliverables.
Basic Required Skills/Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, EE or a similar field
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience
Additional Required Skills/Qualifications:
- Knowledge of server systems, networking platforms, CPUs and/or SoC, or memory and/or HDD or Flash, or GPU
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from concept to delivery
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple-disciplinary teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership across multiple domains
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams internally and with external partners to develop systems, solutions, and products
- Organizational, cross-functional coordination, and multi-tasking experience
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with hyper-scale systems
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple development/manufacturing partners in different time zones
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $150,000/year up to $205,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy