The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full-stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models that can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
Working at SambaNova
SambaNova Systems is looking for a talented and motivated Network Architect to help us solve the most challenging and impactful problems in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
As a Network Architect at SambaNova, you'll be responsible for defining the next generation of silicon and networking fabric solutions to enable state-of-the-art scale-up competitiveness for supercomputer scale AI/ML systems.
- Conduct research and development in state-of-the-art networking solutions
- Define and own networking architecture specifications of performant, robust and efficient communications for the next generation super-pod scale ML hardware
- Define and own the ML networking roadmap, leading a cross-functional effort of software, systems and silicon
- Collaborate with executive leadership to align network initiatives against product competitiveness requirements
- Stay on top of and contribute to industry standards representing SambaNova
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of industry experience in ML / supercomputer / public cloud / networking
Additional Required Qualifications
- Proven track record of successful full-cycle development and delivery from planning to product in networking / ML scale up processors and systems
- Track record of ownership and definition of various networking and routing protocols
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience defining various networking topologies for large machine clusters
- Deep understanding of congestion management, QoS, security isolation
- Deep understanding of reliability, availability and serviceability from networking perspective
- Capable of abstracting and analyzing network performance from real world application
- Capable of breaking down networking requirements into silicon, packaging, system software, runtime software and compiler software requirements
- Strong hands-on analytical and debug skills to make progress on challenging problems in an ambiguous and highly dynamic environment
- Strong coding skills with C++, Python, etc.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, independent, organized and strong collaboration and communication skills
- Cross-functional team leadership experience
- 15+ years of industry experience in ML / supercomputer / public cloud / networking industries
- Good understanding of ASIC development cycles
- Knowledge of machine learning architecture and/or computer architecture
- Experience in building or proficiently using network simulators
- Experience in leading silicon, packaging, system hardware, system software cross-functional teams
- Experience in conducting perf and perf/tco trade-off analysis on different interconnect choices
- Familiarity with off-the-shelf optical IP and optical switches
- Understanding / hands-on experience in end-to-end optical systems
- Hands-on experience in working with IP/switch hardware vendor to enhance and customize solutions
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $215,000/year up to $275,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems, you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our university job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.