Senior Desktop Administrator
The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full-stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models that can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
Working at SambaNova
This role presents a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations, including acting as the primary point of contact for international IT support.
SambaNova is hiring a Senior Desktop Administrator to provide international coverage of SambaNova’s internal IT infrastructure. We are looking for someone who is available to work from our Palo Alto, CA, office Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Work closely with People Ops to ensure a smooth onboarding process for new hires
- Support users by enhancing, maintaining, and performance-tuning of the desktop environment
- Support and improve the desktop environment from design through deployment, including additional refinement and scaling to support future growth
- Support the day-to-day operations of the environment including monitoring, measuring, and troubleshooting infrastructure and services
- Automate all things by identifying, owning, collaborating, and driving new or further automation to enhance the consistent stability of the environment
- Achieve and maintain expected productivity levels with minimal supervision
- Interact with people of all levels of ability
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of broad experience in desktop system administration supporting macOS and Windows (including OS installation, package management, OS lifecycle management, diagnostic and performance troubleshooting/profiling)
- 2+ years of implementing and maintaining MDM systems such as Jamf and Intune
Additional Required Qualifications
- Broad experience supporting and maintaining common desktop applications and services (such as MS Office, OKTA, O365, GSuite, VPN clients, VNC, mail, calendaring, video conferencing, and endpoint protection)
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting various tech gear such as printers, scanners, VoIP devices, AV equipment
- Diagnosing and resolving basic networking issues
- Prefer experience using tracking systems to manage support requests
- Experience supporting various Linux distros from both desktop and server perspectives
- Passionate about helping others
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- A team player who demonstrates humility
- Action-oriented with a focus on speed & results
- Ability to thrive in a no-boundaries culture & make an impact on innovation
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $110,000/year up to $130,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems, you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our university job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.