Principal Software Engineer, ML Platform
The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full-stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models that can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
SambaNova is hiring a Principal Software Engineer, ML Platform, to join the SambaStudio team. SambaStudio is a rich platform that enables AI developers to train, deploy, and manage state-of-the-art machine learning models (like GPT) through a rich UI, API, and SDK.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with machine learning scientists, research engineers, hardware accelerator engineers, software engineers, and product managers to operationalize the delivery of foundational models
- Lead cross-functional collaboration and provide mentorship to junior engineers
- Standardize model building and usage process by defining right interfaces and building services to manage ML model lifecycle
- Build and maintain pipelines for model building, tuning, validation, packaging and delivery
- Build pipelines for data collection, cleansing, processing, feature extraction, etc.
- Contribute to the testing, validation, and monitoring of models in production
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field of machine learning and identify opportunities to incorporate new techniques and technologies into our solutions
- Stay up-to-date with the latest open-source large language models
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Basic familiarity with machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras)
- This role is on-site/hybrid and requires working in Palo Alto at least three days a week.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Strong programming skills in Python, OOP concepts, and experience contributing to production-grade large codebases
- Familiarity with software engineering principles and best practices
- Designing and developing REST and gRPC APIs
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of tuning and delivering LLMs like GPT, LaMDA, BERT, etc.
- Experience with containerization of ML models and deployment of ML models as APIs
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- A team player who demonstrates humility
- Action-oriented with a focus on speed & results
- Ability to thrive in a no-boundaries culture & make an impact on innovation
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $170,000.00/year up to $210,000.00/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance and 80% premium coverage for dependents, and we offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems, you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our university job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.