Technical Lead/Manager, Hardware Systems
The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full-stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models that can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
As the Senior Manager of Hardware Systems at SambaNova Systems, you will be responsible for leading a team of world class Hardware Systems Engineers. You will be driving collaboration across several functional teams, while leading the integration of cutting edge AI hardware, and driving complex challenges to resolution. You will lead the HW Systems Team in developing validation strategies, as well as influencing next generation hardware architecture to deliver the highest quality solution to our enterprise customers. As the Senior Manager of Hardware Systems, you will play a key role in SambaNova leading the industry as the #1 Platform for Business AI.
- Lead an experienced team of Hardware Systems Engineers towards final project goals, as it relates to release manufacturing, all the way through intermediate checkpoints.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership, while driving strategy around technical decisions and tradeoffs.
- Lead the collaboration with architecture, silicon engineering, firmware, hardware design, hardware validation, OS (operating systems), manufacturing, and customer teams to build state-of-the-art AI hardware systems solutions.
- Lead platform validation and debug strategies and flows while ensuring end to end coverage and resolution of issues.
- Chair debug forums and create KPIs to measure hardware health.
- Provide critical feedback in test content and tool development.
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop novel ways to validate specialized hardware.
- Drive technical requirements and ensure our solutions are flexible and scalable across the full stack.
- Define system behavior and concept of operations for the platform to ensure compatibility with datacenter software, serviceability, telemetry, and customer expectations.
- 10+ years of technical engineering experience
- OR Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years of technical engineering experience
- OR Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years of technical engineering experience
- 3 - 5+ years of People Management experience
Proven track record of leading successful HW Systems engineering teams, delivering high-quality systems and products on time and within budget.
- Expertise in high speed system design, validation, bring up/debug of complex server, storage and networking platforms.
- Knowledge of system architecture of advanced Server, Networking and AI/ML processing platforms and their interfaces and interconnects.
- Strong understanding of the AI/ML silicon and system landscape, including trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
Annual Salary Range and Level:
The base salary for this position ranges from $200,000/year up to $230,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems, you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our university job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.