Senior Principal Solution Engineer, AI Systems
The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full-stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models that can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
Working at SambaNova
SambaNova Systems is hiring a Senior Principal Solution Engineer, AI Systems. This role offers an unparalleled opportunity to work E2E (end-to-end) with cross functional teams across Sambanova's software, hardware and ML teams to transform cutting-edge AI research into customer-empowering solutions with superior AI System performance and accuracy, propelling us towards making a substantial impact across diverse industries. We eagerly welcome individuals with exceptional talent to join us in this transformative journey.
- Customer Engagement:
- Lead technical deep-dive discussion sessions with customers
- Analyze, synthesize and confirm customer use cases and requirements
- Prepare and deliver PoC demos for clients
- Solution Development, Validation and Triage:
- Architect and develop E2E AI System solutions based on use-case analysis
- Fine-tune domain-specific models (large language models, vision models) and workflows that are tailored to address industry-specific challenges.
- Plan and drive rigorous testing and validation of E2E performance and accuracy
- Drive cross-functional triage on any AI System issues
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive documentation of the solutions provided, E2E workflows, along with best practices for addressing challenges in various industries.
- Continuous Learning: Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in AI/ML and different industries to drive innovation.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math or related disciplines.
- 7+ years of proven experience in the AI/ML related fields with a strong track record of solving complex AI System issues across domains.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Strong data analysis skills
- Proficiency in AI/ML frameworks and tools (e.g., PyTorch etc.)
- Extensive experience working with software and hardware teams in building AI System solutions
- Solid understanding of LLM models and extensive experience with model performance and accuracy evaluation
- Good understandings of computer architecture and AI accelerator architecture
- Model roofline analysis is a plus
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $185,000/year up to $230,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
Benefits Summary for US-Based Full-Time Direct Employment Positions
(The Recruiter will provide benefit details for non-US-based roles)
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 77% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits available to you and your dependents includes a full subscription to Headspace, Gympass+ membership with access to physical gyms, One Medical membership, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems, you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our university job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.