Software QA / Validation Engineer - Hardware Manufacturing Test (Contractor)
The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full-stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models that can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
Working at SambaNova
This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations. This job opens pathways for high growth, but requires a learning mindset.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 3-6 months with the possibility of conversion to full-time employment.
Schedule: Flexible 8-hour shifts Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm Pacific Time, with occasional nights and/or weekends as needed for high priority work.
Work setting: In-person, in-office (Palo Alto, CA) 80% of the time
SambaNova Systems is seeking an experienced Software QA / Validation Engineer - Hardware Manufacturing Test (Contractor). The person in this role will be responsible for:
- Performing quality assurance testing of SambaNova manufacturing test to ensure high quality test results with highest test coverage and lowest test escapes.
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plans
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases and test scripts that cover all aspects of the software under test.
- Perform manual and automated testing to validate software functionality, identify defects, and ensure overall quality.
- Document and track defects, communicate issues effectively to development teams, and collaborate to ensure timely resolution.
- Conduct regression testing to ensure that previously identified issues have been addressed and to prevent the introduction of new defects.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts using testing tools and frameworks. Implement test automation strategies to improve efficiency
- Conduct performance testing to assess software scalability, reliability, and responsiveness under different conditions.
- Performing check of all manufacturing test environments and the test infrastructure to ensure proper manufacturing test setup across all test stations and test hosts and all contract manufacturing sites.
- Providing feedback to SambaNova test developers to optimize test flows, and coverage.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Software QA Engineer or in a similar role.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Proficiency in testing tools and frameworks.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Familiarity with various testing types, including functional, regression, performance, and automation testing.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- High attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality software.
- Familiarity with standard x86 server hardware and firmware is preferred
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base wage for this position ranges from $75.00/hour up to $100.00/hour. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
The targeted pay range listed reflects the base pay only and does not include bonus, equity, or benefits. This opportunity is a contract role of 3-6 months with the possibility of conversion to full-time employment.
Benefits Summary for US-Based Full-Time Direct Employment Positions
(The Recruiter will provide benefit details for non-US-based roles)
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 77% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits available to you and your dependents includes a full subscription to Headspace, Gympass+ membership with access to physical gyms, One Medical membership, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems, you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our university job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.