Data Center Operations Technician (Contractor on-site Santa Clara)
The era of pervasive AI has arrived. In this era, organizations will use generative AI to unlock hidden value in their data, accelerate processes, reduce costs, drive efficiency and innovation to fundamentally transform their businesses and operations at scale.
SambaNova Suite™ is the first full-stack, generative AI platform, from chip to model, optimized for enterprise and government organizations. Powered by the intelligent SN40L chip, the SambaNova Suite is a fully integrated platform, delivered on-premises or in the cloud, combined with state-of-the-art open-source models that can be easily and securely fine-tuned using customer data for greater accuracy. Once adapted with customer data, customers retain model ownership in perpetuity, so they can turn generative AI into one of their most valuable assets.
Working at SambaNova
SambaNova Systems is seeking an entry-level Data Center Operations Technician Contractor to apply their technical skills in a fast-paced and complex environment. In this role, you should come with some knowledge of computer hardware and the desire to participate in projects at a large-scale data center.
This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of AI and the value it can unlock across every aspect of an organization’s business and operations. This job opens pathways for high growth but requires a learning mindset. You will be here to support the core of our physical computational and cloud resources.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 3-6 months with the possibility of conversion to full-time employment.
Schedule: Flexible 8-hour shifts Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm Pacific Time, with occasional nights and/or weekends as needed for high priority data center maintenance work
Work setting: In-person, in-office (Santa Clara, CA)
- Unpack servers and parts
- Rack and stack equipment
- Install and/or replace system components
- Read elevation plans and implement assembly and installations accordingly and exactly
- Pay attention to neatness and organization in all aspects of the job (racks, cables, etc.)
- Install and maintain various networking technologies and fabrics
- Troubleshoot and work with subject matter experts to resolve problems
- Package servers for shipment
- Daily housekeeping of packaging materials
- Coordinate with logistics team for shipping and receiving assembled servers
- Complete assigned tickets to uphold tight SLA’s and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Assist with projects (new capacity as well as retrofits) and repairs throughout the data center
- Demonstrate personal leadership, identifying and helping to create documentation for the data center knowledge base
- Assist with process improvements and best practices in data center operations and expansions
- Participate in on-call rotation as needed in Santa Clara, CA or additional off-site locations
- Other data center operations technician role assignments as required
- Build pick lists for kitting
- Maintain inventory of parts and systems
- Work within SambaNova’s system to build and maintain data center capacity
- Perform system testing using provided routines and instructions
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1+ years experience
- High School Diploma; Associates Degree preferred
- Able to perform all essential job functions, including walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting and manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Able to lift equipment and items up to 50 pounds
- Able to operate lifting equipment for heavier items following training on the equipment
- Able to work days/nights/weekends/holidays, if needed and/or required
- This role will be required to be on-site at our data center locations in and around Santa Clara, CA. This role may require travel to additional data center site expansions.
- Strong communication and organizational skills as well as a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility will be key to your success.
- Ability to work independently and also within groups
- Ability to commute/relocate: Santa Clara, CA. Must be able to reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Have working knowledge and experience in areas like Networking, Programming/Scripting, Hardware and OS repair.
- Ability to understand and perform initial analysis to debug hardware, and Linux OS related issues
Annual Salary Range and Level:
The base salary for this position ranges from $60,000/year up to $100,000/year ($30/hr to $50/hr). This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
The targeted pay range listed reflects the base pay only and does not include bonus, equity, or benefits. This opportunity is a contract role of 3-6 months with the possibility of conversion to full-time employment.
Benefits Summary for US-Based Full-Time Direct Employment Positions
(The Recruiter will provide benefit details for non-US-based roles)
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 77% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits available to you and your dependents includes a full subscription to Headspace, Gympass+ membership with access to physical gyms, One Medical membership, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems, you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our university job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art generative AI capabilities within the enterprise. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, and hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai. Follow SambaNova Systems on Linkedin.